30 March 2011

Neglected, but not forgotten.

I feel like I'm using the title for this post prematurely, as I'm sure my life will become more hectic and I will, again, not blog for several days in a row.  And I do apologize to my five handful of loyal readers for the absence.  It's due to the combination of being rather busy, a little under the weather, having a 17 month old that's also a little under the weather, being over-emotional pregnant, and not being able to come up with anything blog-worthy to write about.  Ironically, I haven't been visiting my favorite blogs either.  I finally got around to it tonight, and found a new one that looks fabulous.  If I would've known that they would've inspired me to post, I would've done this days ago.  I just forgot. : /

So, although I don't have much content for tonight, I did want to touch on one of my favorite topics that relates directly to this blog. I feel like by putting it out there, I'll take it more seriously and want to do and share more projects with you.  I LOVE thrifting.  I love finding gems and making them my own.  This is rather popular right now, but I've ALWAYS loved it.  My entire dining room is furnished with used thrift store finds.  Furniture is definitely my weakness.  But I've also found lots of plates, frames, pitchers, etc...  Sometimes they need a little refurbishing- a coat of paint, a screw tightened, and so on... And, up to this point, I've mostly just done it because I love to shop and I love to decorate.   But it's a legitimate hobby for me, and I want to start sharing it with all of you. 

So, I'm going to hit the local spots over the next few weeks and see what I can find.  Hopefully, I'll score some fantastic finds and then share them with you.  My taste is pretty normal, but a little eclectic.  When it comes to furniture, I definitely lean toward the mid-century modern side a la straight lines and hard angles.  However, I will be decorating a new nursery in the coming months and redecorating Sofia's room, as the new baby will be getting her furniture.  I keep finding myself leaning toward the more whimsical side (probably because this is the toddler/ children's bed I've been eyeing for her) when I think about Sof's new room, so you may get to experience that transition with me. 

In other news, I bought a potty today.  Soifa just turned 17 months, and I'm in no hurry AT ALL.  But, I figured, meh, she can at least get comfy sitting on it.  It would be awesome if she was out of diapers before the new babe arrives.  And, she's kind of obsessed with Josh and I in the bathroom; she says, "Bye bye pee pee," whenever we flush.  Now, even Josh waves bye bye to his pee pee when he's in there alone.  (Sorry, babe.) ;)

In other, other news, it's Opening Day in Cincinnati tomorrow (yes, I'm capitalizing that because it's basically a holiday), so GO REDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment