08 January 2012

I'm Baaaa-aaaaack...

Hello Readers! You're still there, aren't you? I'm Rachel, in case you forgot because it's been so long.  Don't recognize me? Or the blog? Yes, that's because I've been doing lots of behind the scenes action lately (all myself) to make this space pretty, and easy for you since... duhn, duhn, duhn.... One of my resolutions is to blog more and really build this thing up to what I'd like to see it be.  Hip Hip!  You like the new duds, yes? I do! Well, like 97%.  You know me.  Some tweaking is bound to happen. Meh.  Nonetheless, click around.  New stuff everywhere! And let me tell you, this blog designing stuff is NOT easy.  At least for a fogey like myself.


Moving right along... The goal was to debut this on January 1st and share all of my resolutions with all of you, blah, blah, blah.  But, life is insane busy, what with me having a toddler and newborn and all, so I'm considering the fact that I'm posting something on the eighth a raging success. Oh, and as long as we're talking logistics, let's talk about those resolutions.  Um. There's a lot.  I'm not typically a resolution type gal.  Mostly because things are usually pretty awesome in my neck of the woods and why fix what ain't broke, you know? But, times, they are a changin', and in true Rachel fashion, once I got started with 'em, I couldn't stop.  Some are super specific (i.e. eat more greens), and some are a tad more broad (i.e. be nicer. To everyone.). It's fitting since the name/ essence of this little project is improvement.  Score one for Team Rachel.  

Oh, and I suppose I should add this, even though approximately 100% of you reading this right now know me, there might be a straggler wandering around.  I haven't blogged since I was pregnant and I now have a beautiful, amazing 3 month old daughter, Maya Presley.  Life is SO different with two, and I'm sure that will come up more than once over the next few months years.

Basically, the resolutions can be broken down into categories.  And then subcategories.  Stay with me here, people.


1.Me (physically)
          a. 60 lb. weight loss 
               *Eat better/ change diet
               *Get more active
               *Improve overall health/ BMI/ FEEL BETTER!


2. Home (project wise)
          a. Organize like it's going out of style (ironically it's so in right now)
               *Basement pictures to follow.  It's my Monica's closet if you will.  If you don't know what that means, what the heck did you watch on t.v. in the 90's?
               *Toys.  It's ongoing and worth it.
               *The girls' clothes. They grow like weeds and I'll be instituting a bin system to try to maintain some sort of order to that chaos.
               *The garage. I'd like to put a car in it for the first time this year. 
          b. The exterior of our house (debuting Spring 2012)
               *Paint shutters and front door new fun yet practical color.
               *Change mailbox, porch light, door hardware, address numbers, and porch furniture.  This doesn't necessarily mean buy new stuff.  Refurbish is the name of the game (when possible).
               *Take out mulch bed in back yard and plant grass.  It's beautiful, but let's be realistic here.
          c. Small projects around the interior (new photo walls, art projects, etc...)


3. Work
          a. Etsy
               *build up inventory and client base (there's clearly SO MUCH that goes into this that I'll explore here)
          b. Photography
               *At least start a portfolio, but continue to treat it as nothing more than a hobby unless services are requested.


This list is obviously subject to change, and there is sure to be MUCH more added as the year goes on.  But this is a start.  I'm excited to share these challenges with you and hold myself accountable for these things via the internet. :/



See? There's lots to write about this year.  And I won't just limit the blog to these resolutions.  I've got two gorgeous girls and one gorgeous husband to keep you up to date on! I'm going to be participating on some other bloggers' projects, too, so I'm excited about that. 


Cheers to 2012! Let's do this! ::high fives all around the room::

1 comment:

  1. Found you on "People I want to Punch in the Throat." I'm impressed that you just put yourself out there like you have. Good luck hitting your goals.
    www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete