17 August 2011

Sofia's Big Girl Room!

Here it is- the third and final reveal of my whirlwind three room makeover extravaganza.  I have lots of pictures of this one, so I'll let them do the talking.  I'll include the details in the descriptions.  Here you go!


Before:





Aaaand... AFTER!


As you can see, we didn't feel like painting again, plus I was excited to go with the girlie pinks and greens.  Some things to note: The pink chair was an awesome retro Craigslist find for $40. LOVE that style.  It does need some minor repairs, which is expected with such an old piece. I also think I want to paint the legs white. What do you think? Also, those green cords coming from the flower lights drive me crazy.  I need to get two extension cords so the green cords have the ability to hang straight down.

Originally, I envisioned that rug in white, but changed my mind when I thought of all the white already in the room, plus the potential dirt factor of living in a toddler's room.  And, I love the way the green rug looks like grass! The two birdie pictures (compliments of my sister) seem too high now, so I'll move them down.  I tried relocating them and hanging some pink paper lanterns above the pink chair, but it didn't look as good as I'd hoped.
I bought this at SVDP for $10. I knew immediately what I wanted to do to it and put it in this room.  That's right people. Ten. Dollars.
As Sofia would say, "TAAAH DAAAAAAAH!!!" A few coats of antique white paint and new hardware was all it took!

Knobs = $6.50 @ Hobby Lobby with 50% off. I'm giddy.

We've had this mirror forever and we didn't have anywhere to put it in this house.  It did have a black frame and it lived propped up against the wall in her old room so she could check herself out.  She love to watch herself dance and stare at her belly button. That's normal, right? All it took was a coat of white spray paint (we already owned) and a couple of nails.  Now we just have to keep moving it up the wall over the years! The little "S" was $3 on clearance at TJ Maxx.

I would call this dresser a splurge.  I searched for a used one to refinished for a long time.  I could never find a winner.  I found this at Target for $129 and finally pulled the trigger.  I love the straight lines and roominess.  See those flowers on top of the dresser? I think I spent more time deciding on which plants to put on the dresser than any other piece in the room.  Seriously. I spent about 45 minutes wandering back and forth through the 4x6 plant section at Ikea.  No doubt, they thought I was nutso.

I just realized that I didn't take a picture of this little area.  In the before, there is a brown 9 cube unit next to the door.  There is now the exact same unit in white with vibrant pink and green canvas bins.  I'll try to add a picture later.  The tree canvas painting still lives above it (also courtesy of my sis, it lived above Sofia's crib in her very first nursery seen here.

This used to be Josh's.  His mom painted it pink and gave to Sofia last year.  Within a month of having it, she tripped into and gashed her teeny tiny forehead; it probably could've used a stitch.  I thought there would be a nasty scar, but turns out their heads get bigger, fast and the scar is now the size of a hair.

Couldn't resist one shot of her in the new room... caught her admiring herself in the mirror. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment